Sunday, May 25, 2014

From Rainbow to Recluse

So I dashed outside this evening when I saw the rainbow through my kitchen window.

SW rainbow


And then I turned around and saw this:

NE sunset

 Which then became this:



What a spectacle.  Believe me, even better in the flesh.  Never ceases to amaze me how it's never been repeated, nor will it.
Thank you.  

After adjusting the focus in my viewfinder, Bullet came into sight…

"Don't mind while I drop a few and watch the sun set…"

Wasn't long before I was joined by the locals.

Magnolia bearing down

And Missy Beatrice:

14 months old now

Time for clean up and look who I found in my bathroom:

Old Fiddleback 

So…. for those of you who aren't American, I'll take the liberty of sharing with you that this is one of 6 venomous spiders in America, known as a Brown Recluse.  Possibility of death to the sick, elderly and under 7 years of age, makes it massively a wee bit scary.  

But, FEAR NOT,... I called in The Mad Scientist,



...who scared this poor little thing half to death.  He currently resides in a plastic cup, awaiting his fate (close inspection by 3 Young boys).

Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment