Monday, May 26, 2014

A Visit To The Oliver Farm

A blog entry by SEBASTIAN:

Last weekend we went to the Oliver's farm in Jacksonville, TX to buy our new bull, Samson.  


My Mom and Ms. Amanda

The drive was extremely long and felt like flying to Paris.


The Green Ferrari

Here I am feeding the Oliver's cows.  They were very sweet and pushed each other to get to the treats.


The cows and I

Here is Samson in the trailer.

Samson

This is my brother, Thomas, with Samson.  Tommy says, "Samson is very cute and very hard to catch. And very friendly and can have good fights with other bulls.  I think."


Tommy and Samson

Mr. Oliver let us pull 5 onions out of his garden.  Thomas and I both picked 2 and Christian picked 1.  


My brothers and I with the garden


I LOVE onions.  So, I went and washed one of my onions off and took a BIG bite out of it.  My mouth started to burn!  But, it tasted extremely good.  My mom did not love my onion breath.  I even asked her if she wanted a bite.  She just said, "My husband would not kiss me with an onion breath!"


My lovely onion and I

Here is Meat Loaf meeting Samson.  Meat Loaf is a steer that we are going to eat.  Meat Loaf was all protective of his girls. 



Meat Loaf swagging up to the fence

Meat Loaf and Samson had a little fight, because Meat Loaf didn't want to share his girls with him.  Samson is on the other side of the fence because we don't want him making babies with the girls yet.



Bull fight!

Thank you for reading my first blog entry.  I hope you enjoyed it.  
Sebastian

3 comments:

  1. this is a GREAT first blog entry! I enjoyed it a ton! Love how you narrate both with words and pictures. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting and watching! I so love you're blog! You're gonna have to write for me one day!!! Mine is so dull! Mrs Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roger thanks for sending me the link and continue to do so whenever you makes posts. It's a wonderful life for the children. I do have a blog but since having the twins and out new farm I have very little time to update it. Fabien just put in 1,500 vines for our wine and next week another 1,500. It's hard work. We have wonderful volunteers helping out, you may want to look into it. www.workaway.info. I miss my cows, and the raw milk we still have property in Dominican Republic we our cows still roam.

    ReplyDelete