Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Preparations and such

I started the day here...

Side view of autumn Amber Acres


And went here...

First feed store experience

And left with this...

2X 50lbs donkey pellets;  2X Cattle pellets;  1X salt block (?)

To set up this...

Loafing shed



Before it was time to collect the under-aged workers, I popped in to Donkey Tonk Farms to visit our boy, Bullet.  Bullet and I enjoyed a harnessing lesson, a walk around his pen and a good brush down.  He's not quite sure what to make of me just yet.

Bullet, enduring me
While at Donkey Tonk Farms, I came across Beatrice, who's looking for, quite possibly, accommodation at Amber Acres (dependant on the farmer's check/cheque book).

Beatrice, pure-bred Lowline Angus 9 months

Apparently, she comes packing with a steer, Meat Loaf, born in the Spring, around the same time as her.  Meat Loaf would nicely fill out a freezer in about a year or so.  

Meat Loaf, 9 months old

And so, only time will tell whether Amber Acres will take a walk on the dark side, with some Lowline Angus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment